National Weather Service
Flood advisory for an ice jam in effect until 930 p.m. MST this evening.
- WHAT…Flooding caused by an ice jam is expected.
- WHERE…The Roaring Fork River in portions of northwest Colorado
and west central Colorado, including the following counties, in
northwest Colorado, Eagle and Garfield. In west central Colorado,
- WHEN…Until 9:30 p.m. MST.
- IMPACTS…Anglers and anyone near or in the Roaring Fork River
should move away from the river and seek higher ground now. Use
extreme caution and be on the lookout for ice and debris flowing
in the river.
- ADDITIONAL DETAILS…
- At 3:38 p.m. MST, emergency management reported an ice jam near
the advisory area.
- Some locations that will experience flooding include…
Carbondale, Basalt, Snowmass and El Jebel.
Emergency management and law enforcement are asking all citizens to
use extreme caution in and around the Roaring Fork River.