New Castle, CO – Following a regularly scheduled Town Council meeting which was held on March 17, 2020, the Town of New Castle has approved the implementation of the Town’s Infectious Disease Response Plan. In specific response to the recent outbreak of Coronavirus the Town will be following a comprehensive plan which is designed to help protect the health of community members, help protect the health of the Town’s workforce and help maintain essential services.
This measure is seen as a necessary step in the continued effort to slow the spread of the Coronavirus. Please know that the Town is taking the necessary actions needed to assure that all essential services continue uninterrupted during this time. As always, Town staff is available to help community members with day to day business and also assist with any questions that may arise. Thank you for your understanding as our community works together through the current Coronavirus concerns.
Please see the following for more specific information regarding the operations of various Town services:
- In order to minimize the possible spread of Coronavirus, access to Town Hall will be temporally closed to visitors.
- Town Hall remains committed to providing excellent service to our community through-out this temporary closure. Staff remains available to answer questions and provide service by phone, email, newsletters and other means as needed.
- This temporary closure is effective beginning March 18, 2020 and will be re-evaluated on or before March 31, 2020.
- All parks, trails, playgrounds, and open space will remain open at this time.
Recreation Department and Community Center
- All programs are cancelled through April 6th and will re-evaluated at this time.
- Public Community Center use will be on hold until re-evaluated on April 6th.
- Regular updates will be posted on the Recreation Department website. www.newcastlerec.com
- Please contact the Recreation Department regarding refunds or re-scheduling at www.newcastlerec.com or email Hannah Bihr at email@example.com
- Currently, the Town will continue to schedule building inspections. To schedule building inspections, call Paul Smith at (970) 984-2311 ext. 108. To submit building plans, email Paul at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (970)984-2311 ext. 108 for instructions.
- At this time, no court dates have been postponed.
- For questions, you may contact the Court Clerk at (970) 984-2311 ext. 105 or email@example.com
- Court payments can be made with cash or check in our payment drop box located by the front door of Town Hall.
- Payments can also be made by calling Mindy Andis at (970) 984-2311 ext. 105, you must have your ticket number available at the time of the call.
Utility Bills and Payments
- Residents are encouraged to pay utility bills online or by phone.
- Utility, fees and other payments will also be accepted in the payment drop box located near the front door area of Town Hall.
- Resident who are facing any type payment difficulties are encouraged to contact Town Hall at (970) 984-2311.
- Online Utility payments can be made at www.newcastlecolorado.org
- Phone payment can be made at (970) 984-2311
The Town of New Castle remains committed to the Health and Safety of our residents. The Town will continue to utilize updated information regarding the Coronavirus from Garfield County Public Health, Colorado Department Public Health and the Federal Center for Disease Control.
For up to date information please visit the town website: www.newcastlecolorado.org.