Garfield County, CO – Garfield County is averaging approximately 41 COVID-19 cases per day. This is significantly below the levels seen towards the middle of December, where the county was averaging 68 cases per day.
Test turnaround time is currently averaging 2.3 days from collection to notification. The desired number of days is two, therefore test turnaround time in the county is generally good.
The incidence rate, while high, at 892.5 per 100,000 persons for the last 14-day period, is moving generally in a declining direction.
The test positivity rate had one day last week above ten percent, but numbers below that are an indicator that Garfield County is testing enough people and finding more cases earlier than at the end of November or beginning of December.
People exposed to COVID-19 on New Year’s Eve would be most contagious between January 3 – 7. Based on incubation periods and test turnaround times, the health department will know how the holidays affected cases by next week.
Public Health, working with hospital partners, hopes to report the number of vaccines administered each week. Garfield County has been vaccinating 1A and limited 1B categories. 4.8% of Garfield County residents have received their first dose.
|Geographic Area||Total Cases||Currently Hospitalized||Deaths||Recovered|
|Garfield County||4,444||N/A||33 confirmed, and 3 being investigated||N/A|
*Statistics from Johns Hopkins University, covidtracking.com, and the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment
Cases since last week
- 299 cases reported/added since last week for a 7-day rolling average of 42.7 cases added per day
- Dates with most cases added:
- 1/7: 83
- 1/5: 54
- Public Health is working with hospital partners to obtain the number of vaccinations administered. These numbers include Phase 1A, 1B, and 70+:
- Valley View Hospital (through 1/8): 2,078
- Grand River (through 1/8): 880
- Total amount of vaccine allocated to Garfield County to date: 2,915
- 33 confirmed COVID-19 related deaths, 3 pending investigation
- 0 new deaths reported since last week
State dial information (week dates)
- Two-week incidence:
- Monday: 797.8
- Tuesday: 807.7
- Wednesday: 811.1
- Thursday: 807.7
- Friday: 877.5
- Saturday: 924.1
- Sunday: 892.5
- Increases are likely because of the Christmas and New Year’s holidays, though these increases are less of a surge than those experienced in November.
- Hospitalizations, days with stable or declining hospitalizations:
- Monday: 8
- Tuesday: 9
- Wednesday: 7
- Thursday: 8
- Friday: 9
- Saturday: 9
- Sunday: 10
- Test positivity:
- Monday: 9.4%
- Tuesday: 9.4%
- Wednesday: 9.7%
- Thursday: 9.3%
- Friday: 10.3
- Saturday: 9.7%
- Sunday: 9.9%
- Staying under 10%, especially during the holidays period is a positive for Garfield County numbers.