Thousands of doses administered through community clinics
The Vaccine Equity Outreach Team, co-chaired by Jill Hunsaker Ryan, Executive Director of the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment and Rick Palacio, Strategic Consultant to the Governor is working to schedule more than 175 vaccine equity clinics across Colorado in partnership with community based organizations, local public health agencies, and Tribes. By the end of the day tomorrow, 66 vaccine clinic events will be completed, administering 20,890 doses to disproportionately impacted communities.
“Equity isn’t something we can leave to chance. We have to get out into communities, plan clinics, and answer questions about the vaccines,” said Rick Palacio. “We know people are juggling more than ever, so we are going to meet them where they are. I’m grateful for community organizations that are partnering with us to provide relief to communities that have been disproportionately impacted,” said Rick Palacio, Strategic Consultant to the Governor.
The Vaccine Equity Outreach Team typically supplies the vaccine doses, staffing support, and technical assistance. The team works with community organizations who execute outreach to their community members and registration.
The goal of the team is to reduce health inequities in Colorado by providing vaccine to the most under resourced communities and vaccinating 70% of eligible citizens in these communities with:
- A community based clinic in 50% of the top 100 census tracts for high density of low income and minority communities. The state has reached 37%.
- Strengthen community partnerships in the fight against COVID-19.
- Increase public trust in the COVID-19 vaccine and the agencies that provide it.
“I have dedicated my public service career working to ensure that there is equality for all people in Colorado especially people of color, the poor and underserved,” said COVID-19 Vaccine Equity Outreach Team Member, the Honorable Elbra Wedgeworth. “The State Outreach Equity team is working very hard to ensure there is fair allocation of COVID-19 vaccine throughout Colorado especially to people that have been the most impacted by this virus.”
Community-based organizations include:
- Graham Memorial Church of God & Christ: Adams County
- STRIDE Community Hospital Clinic: Arapahoe County
- The Southern Ute Indian Tribe: Tribally-led and CDPHE supported
- The Ute Mountain Ute Tribe: Tribally-led and CDPHE supported
- Mountain Family Health Center: Garfield County
- Pueblo Community Health Center: Pueblo County
- Family Medicine Clinic for Health Equity – CAHEP: Denver County
- Axis Health System: La Plata County
- Sunrise Community Health Center – Monfort Family: Weld County
- Mental Health Partners: Boulder
- Greater Ignacio Community: La Plata County
- Saint Mary’s Orthodox Church / Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church: Arapahoe County
- New Beginnings Ministry / Guardian Angel Church: Adams County
- United Church of Montbello: Denver County
- Project Angel Heart: Denver County
- Whittier Neighborhood Association / Cole / Five Points – Brother Jeff Cultural Center: Denver
- YWCA Pueblo: Pueblo County
- Volunteers of America: La Plata County
- Village Exchange Center: Arapahoe County
- Ouray County Public Health: Ouray County
- Delta County: Delta County
- Evans Medical Center: Denver County
- Vuela for Health – Centro San Juan Diego: Denver County
- Church of God and Christ: Arapahoe County
- Southern Colorado Harm Reduction Association: Pueblo County
- Saint Francis Center: Denver County
- Aurora Mental Health: Arapahoe County
- Town of Bennett: Adams and Araphoe Counties
- Aurora Economic Opportunity Coalition: Adams County
- Montbello Recreation Center: Denver County
- Ventanilla de Salud (Servicios de La Raza): Denver County
- Clayton Early Learning: Denver County
- The Center for African American Health: Denver County
- Foothills Regional Housing: Jefferson County
- El Paso County Public Health: El Paso County
- Solid Rock Baptist Church: Adams County
- Dahlia Senior Center: Denver County
- Mental Health of Denver: Denver County
- Dayton Opportunity Center / Living Water Ministry: Denver County
- Denver Park Hill Seventh Day Adventist: Denver County
- African Chamber of Commerce: Arapahoe County
- Colorado Primary Care Clinic, Inc.: Arapahoe County
- New Life Christian Center: Denver County
- Mi Casa Resource Center: Denver County
- Jefferson Center for Mental Health: Jefferson County
- The Arc Pikes Peak Region: El Paso County
- Advanced Urgent Care and Occupational Medicine: Adams County
- Every Child Pediatrics: Adams County
- Primary Care by Lora Health, South Federal Practice: Denver County
- Compound Compassion: Arapahoe County
- Harvest Church: Arapahoe County
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Library: Denver County
- Barnum Recreation Center: Denver County
- Bear Valley Library: Denver County
Registration is required for every vaccine event. Community Based Organizations interested in partnering with the State of Colorado can fill out this Request for COVID Immunization Event form.
Continue to stay up to date by visiting covid19.colorado.gov.